Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving and a happy holiday season!
Thursday, November 27, 2014
Tuesday, November 4, 2014
Veterans Day is an official holiday celebrated annually to honor all who have served and continue to serve in the United States Military Services. This holiday is an opportunity for civilians to thank service members and their families for all the sacrifices that they make year-round. Federal Government offices are closed on Veterans Day, but it is not a requirement for state and local governments, schools, and non-governmental businesses. Businesses and schools typically celebrate with events, or by flying the American flag at half-mast.
Here are some ways you can celebrate Veterans Day:
- Wear a red Poppy flower or yellow ribbon
- Visit a veterans’ hospital
- Attend a local Veterans Day event
Here are some ways to honor veterans year-round:
- Express thanks to veterans or active military service members
- Support veteran-owned businesses